Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do what you love, make the world a better place

One of the percussion players today said "do what you love to do, it will make the world a better place." Being here in Brazil has really shown me that money and material goods don't always bring happiness. Our tour guide thanked God for blessing him multiple times. Was he rich? Not one bit. But he talked of the relaxed atmosphere and mindset in Salvador. He told stories of leaving work and going straight to the beach or to the hillside to watch the sun set with a drink in his hand.

He loves his life, not because his drives a shiny car or because he lives in a fancy house, but because he does what he loves and surrounds himself with great people. I have been blessed with being able to do what I love alongside the people that I love. And for that, I am eternally grateful.
The Blogger is not allowing me to upload any photos, but if you go to www.flickr.com/photos/mknowlton

No comments:

Post a Comment