Thursday, January 27, 2011

Website/Album Shoot

I never thought I would have a chance to photograph so many great young musicians but I've been blessed to have shot a few here lately. One of the things I love about shooting for musicians, aside from their appreciation for art, is the creative freedom I have during the shoot. Back in December I shot a beautiful young lady, Kayla, who was in need of some promotional shots for her new singing website. After winning a national karaoke contest, a website was probably the best next logical step. I had a blast shooting with her for a couple hours back in December and I think we came away with some wonderful shots!

One of the things I am going to try to do more of is focus on explaining how each shot was lit. Whether it was natural light manipulated by a reflector or off camera strobist info. I know when I read blogs I love when the blogger includes all that information.

These first shots were all shot with natural light and a Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens at about F2.8 This lens gets incredibly sharp. I had a 40inch silver reflector sitting underneath her in her lap to light her face. All shots were shot into the sun to capture a certain mood.






This last shot was shot with a Sigma 18-55 f2.8 at around f4-f5.6. Lighting was a Vivitar 285hv at 1/4th power into a shoot thru umbrella camera left.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to email me at michael@michael-knowlton.com.

1 comment: