Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quarters Road at Chick-fil-a (Free Photo Contest Inside)

On January 3rd I was presented with a very unique opportunity. I was approached by a young band entitled "Quarters Road". They were looking for some photos to use with a new CD they are going to launch in the near future. The oldest band member is mearly 15 years old, but I will be the first to say, they do not play like a bunch of teenagers. I was very excited when they approached me for photos, as I have a strong feeling they are going somewhere. And fast.

The day started as my alarm clock went off at about 6AM. Quite early, even for someone like me, a 21 year old with a 60 year old's sleep habits. I had to de-ice my windshield before I headed off to Chick-fil-a's headquarters for the shoot. The band, Quarters Road, was playing a small devotional concert for the "Head-Hanchos" of Chick-fil-a. In attendance, Dan Kathy, Truett's son, as well as others such as the CFO. I was in heaven to say the least. After the band finished up, it was my time to shine. We packed up the gear and headed over to the main campus just across the street. Once on the grounds, I was instantly overwhelmed with the amount of spaces I could utilize in my shoot. A photographer once told me "Fake it 'till ya make it." And that is exactly what I did, I showed NO fear. We started walking and snapping pictures, ya know, like it was my job.

The campus was absolutely beautiful, I could've spent the entire day taking photos there, and never taking a picture of the same thing twice. It was quite the treat. After about 2 hours of shutter clicks (taking pictures) we heard the lunch bell. Literally. I bet you can't guess what we had for lunch! (Keep reading for your chance for a free headshot)
On to the photos. I started off with simple headshots. As it lets me get warmed up, and it allows the subject, or subjects in this case, to get a little more comfortable in front of my camera. A win-win.





This was my first band shoot. Its definitely different, but I had a blast with everyone. Definitely a fun group of kids. I mean, young adults.

Do you want a headshot? How about a kickin' new profile picture for Facebook/Twitter? The first person to guess what we had for lunch in the comment section below will get just that. A free headshot session! Think HARD!

Ready, set, and....... GO!

2 comments: