Monday, January 31, 2011

2011. One Goal

A couple years ago on New Years Eve I decided to get a haircut. A major one. We're talking 5-6 inches of hair, and for a guy, thats a pretty hefty change. BUT, I decided that since it was a new year, I wanted a new look. A fresh start. It seems to be a popular trend around that time of year. And not always for haircuts.

My mom said something prior to this picture taken that really hit me. She said, "I have a photographer for a son, yet I don't have any new pictures!" Sure, we took the Christmas card photo, but that was all the way back in August. In addition to this, as I was watching the movie "Wallstreet, Money never sleeps" last night, Michael Douglas had a quote, "The most valuable asset isn't money, its time."

These two things really got me thinking about personal improvement, as well as professional improvement. One of the things I am going to consciously aim to better myself at, is bringing my camera with me more. Not allowing myself to use the excuse its too big and it will be a hassle.


The photo above was taken right before we walked into the wonderful Fox Theatre to see the Blue Man Group perform. It was an absolutely amazing experience, the best performance I have ever seen without a doubt. The way the group interacted with the audience and visa versa was unmatched with any other show I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. And this photo, will forever remind me of that night. The value of a photograph is something we all take for granted. So for 2011, I am going to try to become extremely wealthy, in photographic memories. Because you never know what the future holds.

To my parents and Ashley: Thank you for all you have done, all that has been noticed, but even more for all that has gone unnoticed. You two, along with Ashley, are without a doubt my greatest inspiration. Without you all, I would not be anywhere near the person I am today. Mom and Dad, you are both amazing parents, parents I am extremely proud to brag about. And Ashley, you are without a doubt my greatest role model. Looking back over the years, you have really shaped who I am as a person, my ethics, my values, simply by being who you are. I am incredibly thankful for you all, and I can't wait to create more memories with you, and create photographic snapshots of those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment