Monday, February 14, 2011

Cold. And it's not just the weather.

I've been on a creative cold streak lately. I got stuck in a rut. I'm not quite sure I'm out of the rut just yet, but I'm working on it. When I first started shooting seriously, I was shooting all the time. Slowly but surely, that changed over time. I began to shoot only when I was booked for a client. My photography came to a stand still. And along with it, my creativity. While I was still reading up on all the photography blogs and articles, I wasn't going out and implimenting any of the new tricks or techniques, and I wasn't pushing myself.

Well yesterday I decided to go out and shoot. Shoot something I haven't shot in along time. Automobiles.

Those of you that know me well know that I am a BIG day dreamer. And one of the times that I do my best daydreaming, I mean, thinking, is when I'm listening to music and just driving. Sometimes the music comes in the form of my favorite radio station, but in this case, the music came from the huge cam and throaty exhaust coming from my 1965 Mustang. I don't get to drive it often, as it stays neatly tucked away in my parent's warm garage year round, so when I get the opportunity, you better beleive I'm going to drive it. And inevitably have some fun in it. Hopefully, without getting caught.

Couple pictures that I really liked.



I'm also working extensively on another photo from the session. If you didn't know, I am a lightroom user. I've used photoshop only a handful of times. So in an attempt to push myself and my skills, as well as re-ignite that creative flame, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new. Be sure to come back soon for the results!

P.S. I wanted to "practice" doing some 180-spins. I got pretty good if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment