Sunday, June 19, 2011

    Vert Mobile is a full service digital marketing and advertising agency in Atlanta that specializes in mobile, social, and emerging media platforms. They are relatively new to the Atlanta advertising scene, however, they have been making quite a splash in the industry lately. One of their latests projects included shooting some videos for some of Coppenrath's European Bakery's new products. I got a call from the crew at Vert a couple of weeks ago asking if I would be interested in photographing some of the desserts in question. My answer: Um, duh, I wanted to!

    Shooting images for a more commercial type use is still something I'm not a seasoned veteran at, however, that didn't stop me from letting my creative juices flow on the day of the shoot. I lucked out that there was a great window right by the wine rack at the restaurant we were shooting at (Paul's Restuarant, in Buckhead), and I just put a scrim over the window to soften and difuse the early morning light and started firing away at the beautiful desserts. The hardest part of the shoot wasn't anything technically challenging from a photography standpoint, but instead, not eating the desserts before I got a few decent photos of them.

    Overall I had a great time working with Vert Mobile, the chefs, and the videographer, Kendrick Disch, and I was very excited to get to opportunity to shoot something outside the realm of portraits. While I love portraits, the idea of shooting commercially excites me. I was able to meet alot of great people so hopefully there will be more opportunities like this in the future.

                                                           Vert Mobile: http://www.vertmob.com/
                          Coppenrath's European Bakery: http://www.europesbakery.com/news.html









No comments:

Post a Comment