Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Studio Salsa Shoot

When I first started out, I told myself I would never be one of those photographers that set up a corny background, a couple of lights, and just shoot, shoot, and shoot without any creative insight to the shoot.

And while a white seamless isn't exactly corny, I was a bit hesitant when I picked it up at the photography store. I didn't want it to kill my creativity. But infact, it did just the opposite. I love the creative options that come with shooting in a studio and having complete control over the exposure at all times. Being able to set the exposure and start shooting really allows me to focus on the creative aspect of the shoot, rather than just  the technical aspects that come along with shooting in on location where the scene is constantly changing.

I got together with the Salsa club here at Kennesaw to shoot some promos for some of their upcoming events. I've never shot dancers before, but it ended up being quite a lot of fun and we came away with some great images. Lighting was simply. A one light setup. 1 Alien Bee B800 off camera left and high, shooting through an umbrella. All on a white seamless made to go a semi-gray.

Here are some of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment