Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blush Kennesaw: Atlanta Fashion Photography

What a fun week. I had two great shoots this week. One of which was a collaboration with Blush Kennesaw. We got together to shoot a small lookbook with some of their new arrivals for the upcoming Fall season. This shoot will go down as one of the most fun ever. We had three great models and an incredible wardrobe. We began shooting at around 6:30 and after the first look it was just rapid fire until around 10:00PM when we called it a wrap. It was great working with a team, I really loved the freedom it gave me to focus on the creative aspect of the photoshoot. I didn't have to worry about the wardrobe as Ana from Blush took complete control and absolutely killed it. In addition, the three models were just a dream to work with. I gave them each a bit of direction and they ran with it, again, allowing me to focus on creativity rather than having to worry about posing them. I was spoiled to say the least.

I shot in a different style this week, but, its just the beginning of where I am looking to take my photographic style. I'm beginning to depart from weddings and portraiture and focus soley on fashion and beauty. I wasn't sure if I wanted to shoot on a white seamless or a gray seamless for this lookbook, however, I ended up going with white as I love the versatility it gives me. Depending on how I light the white seamless, I can make it go white, gray, or completely black. Not something I could do with a gray or black background. I picked it up on Wednesday and had quite an interesting time getting it home. (See photo below)



Anywho, onto the shoot. Shot on a white seamless with 1 Alien Bee B800 into a 45-inch softwhite reflective umbrella slight camera right and high above the model(s). Shot around f/8 at 1/160 and ISO100.

And the results:


 A big Thanks to all the ladies. They all did their job exceptionally well which made my job so much easier.











 

2 comments:

  1. Man, you have grown so much as a photographer since I've known you! These are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir! It's been quite a fun journey so far. Shooting with you has helped me immensely!

    ReplyDelete