Friday, May 13, 2011

Congratulations.

Growing up, I never enjoyed writing. I was never good at it, and I always resented having to write paper after paper on topics that I had no interest. It wasn't until I began writing about photography until I understood as to why some people actually enjoy doing it.

Tonight. Well, tonight is a different story. As I sit here tonight, I am simply stumped. Stumped as to how I can express my thoughts, my feelings, and pride for my friends, for the recent college graduates. I am simply at a loss for words, for I am incredibly proud of them for all their acheivements.

I thought I would be able to come up with some witty anecdote and somehow relate it back to the sense of pride I got when I was sitting in the crowd of family and friends, watching them walk across the stage and receive their diploma. (It's a fake one btw.) But I can't.

All I can think about is how proud I am of them. As I look back on my childhood, college wasn't an option. It was the path I would take. No, my parents didn't push me, instead they led me. And I believe that has led me to having a bit of a disconnect with the actual thought of graduating from college and what it means. But as I watched the graduates receive their diplomas this week, it was a great reminder as to just how big a feat graduating from college is. All the sleepless nights, all the 8am classes, all the crappy group projects, it IS a big deal. They are the leaders of tomorrow.

Congratulations to all the graduates, I am incredibly proud of all of you, and I can not wait to witness all that you accomplish.

A couple photographs highlighting the graduation of someone I look up to most, Meredith Head. You are truly an amazing young woman capable of anything you put your mind to. Here's to the future.


 Meredith, you're just too easy to take photos of. You must have been in front of a camera before. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment