Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I've been waiting to write this post for a couple of weeks now. I've never been much of a writer, so I have a very small window of time when I can write something that is anywhere near entertaining/doesn't make you want to bash your head into the screen by the time you get to the photos. So here goes...

Mothers. There is song after song after song expressing their importance. Yet, I don't think any of them come anywhere close to portraying the love we all feel for our mothers. I'm not sayin' the songs aren't a good representation of our feelings, but capturing those feelings for someone so special, so inspiring, is next to impossible.

Some choose songs and lyrics to express those feelings. I choose photographs.

Mom, You are the peas to my carrots, you are the peanut butter to my jelly, you are the cheese to my macaroni. When Ashley (my sister) would push me down, you were there to help me up. When I would get a break up note from the "cutest girl in school", you were right there to fill in and be my girl. Growing up, whenever things got tough, you were always my princess in shining armor? (Just go with it).

Raising children is probably one of the hardest things in life to do, and Mom, you not only did it, but you did so with class and elegance. Mom, I Love You, and I hope I can be there for you, much like you were there for me.

To the best Mom (and Dad) in the world, Thank You, and I Love You!








No comments:

Post a Comment