Monday, December 5, 2011

Back from Boston

Well, it was a crazy busy weekend, and my body is a bit mad at me for as little sleep as I've given it these past few days, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I flew out to Boston Thursday night, right after a final presentation for a class, and didn't get to bed until about 1:30. But I was up bright and early in order to meet the students from Suffolk University and see the city before we all went to a community center in Boston for this year's Help-Portrait.

If you aren't familiar with Help-Portrait, it is a pretty simply movement:

1. Find someone in need
2. Take their photo
3. Print/Give them their photo

It's an extremely simple concept, but it's effects could move mountains. If you'd like to check out more information, check out their website. www.help-portrait.com. Incredibly inspiring, and I am very excited because I am meeting Jeremy Cowart, the founder of Help-Portrait on the 17th in Atlanta.

Boston was great, all of the students from Suffolk University were amazing and played great hosts to our four students from Kennesaw State University.

The event went extremely well, and I was lucky enough to have a great number of students willing to help, some even took behind-the-scenes photos and videos, so I will definitely be creating another video from this year's event. Lets hope I can top last years video!

In case you missed it (I'm not sure how you could, I've got it plastered everywhere on the blog) but here is last years video.



Couple of iPhone photos from Boston:

Near our hotel, near the USS Constitution

 Heading Home
 Outside our hotel, the Constitution Inn
 Beacon Hill near Suffolk
 Neighborhood near Suffolk University
 The Community Center we held the event at

And, just to entice you to come back for the video, one of the stars of the photoshoot.




No comments:

Post a Comment