Thursday, December 15, 2011

Michael Knowlton Photography: Fashion/Beauty

I got together yesterday with a friend of mine to shoot a personal idea/location/theme I've been wanting to shoot for awhile. I knew she would be the perfect person for the look and after a couple of schedule conflicts, we were able to get together and make some magic.

Hillary, the model pictured below, did a great job. I told her before we started shooting that I was going to be breaking a lot of the photography "rules" during the shoot. Little did she know, those rules actually make her job easier. When I first began learning how to read light, I was told to always photograph my subjects in direct shade, during the golden hour, or facing away from the sun. And growing up, I've always been the kid who followed the rules, to a T. (For the most part). However, yesterday I felt like rebelling, and I am glad I did.

I had my model face directly into the 3 o'clock sun. It proved to be quite a challenge as her light-ish colored eyes were pretty sensitive to the sun. So we had to work around it, but I think the images came out great and were completely worth it. I'm very excited as this is the direction I am looking to go with my photography.

Another big "Thanks" to Hillary for being a trooper. Here are some shots!





Let me know what you think! Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment